English and other languages (was ROUTED ET IDENTD)

I didn't intend to start an extensive discussion when replying to Aurelien's question.
Anyway, I'd just like to say to close the debate that something that makes the web so strong is that anyone can express himself in its own language. I understand and strongly agree that distribution lists like this one requests its users to use a commonly known language (in the computer world).
So such a standard language, if ever appliable (look at Esperanto!), forced to be used, would be dramatically sad.

François