chroot'd environment

José Luis Ledesma wrote:
> You can do a chrooted enviroment (see above) And start de sshd witch chroot
> <path of chrooted envirment> /sbin/sshd -f /etc/sshd_config
>
> Also you can specify the shell of the users in /etc/passwd as
> /sbin/sftp-server if you only want to allow this users do a sftp.
[...]
> -rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 27920 Jun 3 13:46 passwd*
[...]
> -rws--x--x 1 root root 744500 Jun 3 13:46 slogin*
[...]
> -rws--x--x 1 root root 744500 Jun 3 13:46 ssh*
[...]

Hint: you'd better have *no* SUID/SGID files in a chroot'd environment!
If you absolutely want them to be able to change their password, you may
do it using some pipe or socket interface hardly filtering parameters.

A "real secured" chroot'd environment is a lot of work... Last time I tried
this it took me a whole month to put together users, config files services
and tools in the most secured & restrictive fashion I was able to imagine.
And some folk still successed to down my workstation-server using a kernel
bug (arround 2.0.3x if I remember well)... Argl! :)

Cheers, J.C.