Re: is this an attack on my sendmail?

It looks like one of your users (the "ctladdr=" one) is trying to email yourname@company.com. company.com doesn't appear to be online right now, which is why the connection is timing out.

For the SYN_SENT when doing a netstat, it's likely that your mail server is trying to connect to those mail servers, which are either not online or have some firewall rules blocking you - nothing to worry about.

(sending a TCP packet with the SYN flag set is the first step to making a connection, if those servers were online and responding they would reply with a packet with SYN + ACK set, since your server can't get to them the connection is stuck in the SYN_SENT state until it times out)

-Greg

--
------SupplyEdge-------
Greg Hunt