can't get .shosts authentication to run

I am trying to connect to a machine on our LAN with the .shosts
method, but it seems that my ssh client is not even willing to try
that. My $HOME/.ssh/config looks like this:

Host myserver
  HostName myserver.mydomain.net
  Protocol 2
  RhostsRSAAuthentication yes
  RhostsAuthentication yes
  HostbasedAuthentication yes

When I try to connect with ssh -v, I get the following output:

OpenSSH_3.0.2p1 Debian 1:3.0.2p1-9, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL
debug1: Reading configuration data /home/juergen/.ssh/config
debug1: Applying options for cavemaus
debug1: Applying options for *
debug1: Seeding random number generator
debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be
debug1: restore_uid
debug1: ssh_connect: getuid 1000 geteuid 0 anon 1
debug1: Connecting to myserver.mydomain.net [XXX.XX.XX.XXX] port

I then get logged in via public key authentication.

Am I correct in assuming that the 'Rhosts Authentication disabled'
line means that the client isn't even going to try the .shosts method?
If so, is there anything I can do to remediate that?

The client system is sid, the server woody and ssh is installed SUID
root on both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,