Re: snort not recognizing dns server correctly

Jeff,

I had this problem initially as well when I reconfigured snort, until I
restarted the service. Quite obvious in retrospect, but when I missed
it initially, I could see others doing the same.

There is also a section towards the bottom of the snort.conf file that
you _also_ have to unhash, for DNS_SERVERS, IIRC, to actually activate
the DNS filter.

HTH,
David