Re: Iptables config

I'd say it might very well work correctly, but the table nat is not
made for package filtering but for address translation
(nat--network address translation) which is used for masquerading and
portforwarding. If you only want a filtering firewall you might very well
save yourself the effort to compile the nat modules and so on.

It might become a problem, when you have a more complicated firewall setup, where
you want to reject every package aiming at the firewall, but snat or masq an
internal network. You can read about this (at least to understand the
principles) in the Firewall- and Masquerading-HOWTOS which are part of debian.

It is problably the same question why nobody uses vi to read postscript
documents when gs is available. It might work, but it is cumbersome. (Sorry
if I get polemic.)

Mathias