Re: Iptables config

El vie, 12-04-2002 a las 13:25, Lars Roland Kristiansen escribió:
> # SMTP
> iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 25 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
> # SSH
> iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 22 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
> # POP#
> iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -s 0/0 --dport 110 -i eth0 -j ACCEPT
>
> I can connect to the server using ssh and pop3 but SMTP doest seam to
> be allowed ?????
>

> i get "cant conect to smtp service" when trying to mail

Maybe smtp is working through inetd and so it could be filtered via tcp
wrappers as well. I'd recommend that you take a look at hosts.allow and
hosts.deny (in /etc).

Also, your "cant connect to smtp service" message is not very helpful. I
think it could be better that you do telnet smtp_host 25 and post the
output, sure it will help more :-)

Regards

--
Luis Gómez Miralles