Re: Filtering users emails on server

## César Augusto Seronni Filho (cesar@kernelinformatica.com.br):

> Hi guys, I like to know how i can filtering users email on server like that:
> I have a smtp+pop3 server and need to Deny some users(or user group) to email
> anothers(group or groups) on tha same server.

If you are running exim, set up a system-wide filter. Details can be
found in the  documentation or on http://www.exim.org. Have a look
at the "Exim Filter Specification" under "Documentation and FAQs".
For details on implementing a system-wide filter have a look at
Nigel Metheringham's system_filter (linked from the main page of
exim).
If you are running sendmail, you might use a "milter" (see
http://www.sendmail.org and http://www.milter.org for details).
Postfix can do some filtering based on mail headers,
http://www.postfix.org/uce.html has details.
A system-wide procmailrc (http://www.procmail.org
http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/) works for every
procmail-capable MTA, see the docs of procmail and your MTA for details.

However, I don't see any use in filtering mail that way. If they
want to mail each other, they will find a way to do so. It gets
really easy for them if they are allowed to send mail to destinations
not on your server, but with exims filter (or procmail, or similar
tools), there will be a way to underrun your filter under most conditions.

Regards,
cmt

--
Spare Space