Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 122-1] New zlib & other packages fix buffer overflow

Unless your are going to dial into a malicious ISP, I doubt this will be a
problem (AFAIK, but don't quote me).

Most of my servers are stable/testing hybrids, including 2 running 2.4 (and
I have been very happy with them).

Update your sources.list to have both stable and testing (and make sure you
called them that, not potato/woody), and then do an "apt-get install apt".
Which will install testing's apt onto your stable box, along with any
dependencies.

Then add this to your apt.conf file:

APT::Default-Release "stable";

You can then install packages (and dependencies) from testing via "apt-get
install ssh -t testing". Otherwise packages will be pulled from stable.

Andrew Tait
System Administrator
Country NetLink Pty, Ltd
E-Mail: andrewt@cnl.com.au
WWW: http://www.cnl.com.au
30 Bank St Cobram, VIC 3644, Australia
Ph: +61 (03) 58 711 000
Fax: +61 (03) 58 711 874

"It's the smell! If there is such a thing." Agent Smith - The Matrix