ipop3d delays

Hi All,

I'm experiencing delays of around 1 - 1.5 minutes during/right after the
authentication stage of ipop3d on a debian stable system. Everything works
fine if i check mail locally (through the eth0 interface, or localhost).
However if any external machines go to check their mail, they connect fine,
put in user, put in pass, then there is a delay before you can list
messages. Has anyone seen this before? i thought it could be a host lookup
issue, however this has been working fine for months and the problem has
only cropped up in a day or so. I dont think its a disk access issue on the
mail file either.

Thanks,
Anthony Wishart