Re: Stack protection

According to the Openwall kernel patch FAQ, JDK 1.3 and XFree86 4.0.1 both require an executable stack, but the openwall patch lets you allow certain programs to have an executable stack (from what I've gathered, I don't use it).

Also, remember that a non-executable stack means very little in stopping exploits.

--
------SupplyEdge-------
Greg Hunt