Re: [d-security] Securing /var/log/{lastlog,wtmp}

Hello

On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 11:46:32AM -0500, mofo wrote:
> What is the best method for setting 'wtmp' and 'lastlog' to 0660 instead of
> 0664?
Modifying /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd, probably.

> I haven't looked around yet.  The reason I'm asking about it prematurely is
> in case there might be issue with changing it's permissions (certain
> software will fail, due to the fact it can't read either file, etc).
There could be an issue if programs where suddenly no longer be allowed to
write to it, but I'm not aware of a program that depends on reading from
it.

> -reid
bye,

    -christian-

--
There is this special biologist word we use for 'stable'.
It is 'dead'.  (Jack Cohen about software developing)