Re: what is the firewall?

aku@ns1.cyberkodok.web.id schrieb:

> I am new in debian linux, anyone know what is the good software for fire
> wall in debian. and how to instalation.
>
> I am using debian r. 2.2r4.

If you are using kernel 2.2.x (I think this is standard with potato),
ipchains is your friend. Installation: apt-get install ipchains
Read the man page and the howto for the configuration.

If you already use kernel 2.4.x, the netfilter framework using iptables
will do.

Martin
--
martin.peikert@discon.de                                    Discon GmbH
Internet Solutions                                   Wrangelstrasse 100