tcl, tk and tix

The Tcl 8.3, Tk 8.3 and Tix 41 packages are not tuned to work ivery
well with each other in woody.

Using it out of box I get and starting tclsh

% package require Tk
couldn't load file "/usr/lib/tk8.3/libtk8.3.so.1":
/usr/lib/tk8.3/libtk8.3.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Closer examination reveals that libtk8.3.so.1 is in /usr/lib. Setting a
link thus solves the problem.

Now, trying Tix:

%  package require Tix
can't find package Tix

The package tix is found in /usr/share/tix4.1, which tclsh does not seem
to know about. Why is tix in /usr/share, tk in /usr/lib anyway? Why not
all packages related to each other under the same path?

However I need to set a link

ln -s /usr/share/tix4.1 /usr/lib/tix4.1
and
patch together an pkgIndex.tcl file locate in the tix path together
myself:

# Tcl package index file, version 1.0

if {[package vcompare [info tclversion] 8.3] < 0} return

package ifneeded Tix 4.1 {load /usr/lib/libtix.so.4.1 Tix}

Here again, libtix.so is found in the /usr/lib directory (not in
/usr/share).

I used tclsh because I found about the bugs when I tried to use tix in
python. I pretty sure the corrections I made are not the best way to
deal with the mentioned issues, but I am not into tcl at all.

I am not sure if the packagers of tcl are reading this list. If somebody
knows a better way to reach them, please write me or even better,
forward it to the appropriate place.

Mathias