RE: protection against buffer overflows

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this one, but a fairly extensive patch set
for the 2.4 series of kernels is available called grsecurity
(http://www.grsecurity.net). It includes whole whacks of stuff (take a look
at the "features" page http://www.grsecurity.net/features.htm) .. I haven't
had a change to tried it out, but it looks promising.

If anyone has any good/bad experiences with such patches, please let me
know.

later,
Steve