Re: SSH configuration problem

On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 08:00:02PM +0100, Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my SSH connections don't go to the 'auth.log' file, but the sshd_config seems
> to be good. What can happen ?

Without much information to go on, I would have a stab at
/etc/syslog.conf... Do you currently have *anything* ending up in
auth.log (e.g. "su" should be logged in here by default)

If you have other stuff going to auth.log, then chances are that you
/etc/syslog.conf is OK, but you sshd_config is somehow at fault.

Hope this helps

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com
>   1. is qmail as secure as they say?

Depends on what they were saying, but most likely yes.
	-- Seen on debian-devel