Re: IPSec questions...

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:37:10 -0700
Stefan Srdic <linuxbox@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> I was curious about IPSec and had a few questions about it.  Do
> you need more then one host on the network in order to use it?

To do anything useful, yes.

> Can it be implemented without patching the kernel?

In the case of FreeS/WAN, no, you have to patch the kernel.

> Does Debian support it?

There is a FreeS/WAN package, and there is a FreeS/WAN kernel patch
package.  I've not had success with the latter (I ended up hand
patching and building my own kernels).  The base Debian FreeS/WAN
packages seem to work.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?