Re: MySQL<->Firewall

>What ports on the ppp0 have I to open, that somebody can access  with
> phpmyadmin over the Internet??

phpMyAdmin is HTTP application so just the Apache port by default the port
80

> And what ports on the ppp0 have I to open, that the local php-scripts
> can connect to the database ???

the 3128 with de lo ( local interface ) you can start mysql
./safe_mysqld --bind-address=127.0.0.1

and now you can just access to your mysql database wiyth the 127.0.0.1 Ip so
just by your local server it's more secure

normally you don't have tp filters the localhost interface.

François Bayart / francois@avence.com / icq 1508703
+33 1 49 27 98 30 / +33 6 87 84 18 82