-----Eredeti üzenet-----
Feladó: Phillip Hofmeister [mailto:plhofmei@svsu.edu]
Küldve: Monday, January 07, 2002 2:53 PM
Címzett: repasi.tibor@chello.hu
Másolatot kap: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Tárgy: Re: strange auth log

These messages would seem to suggest someone was pounding on your terminal keyboard trying to log in.  The blank bad user names I would assume means no user name was entered.

The p[d[d[c[c`...,,mmnnbbb and ^IZCXCGH^[[19~ would lead me to believe there was a furry animal running around your keyboard.  Do you have a cat? <smile>

If you know no one had physical access to your computer at the time of these log messages then I would not rule out other issues.  I could speculate as to what these issues could be but I think the scenario I provided is among the most probable.

Phil