Re: Secure Finger Daemon

I'm not sure which are secure. However, if you plan to use any of them, I
suggest using tcp-wrappers (tcpd) via inetd (or xinetd). Then edit your
hosts.allow file and explicitly allow only certain machines to access your
box.

Also, consider running whichever finger daemon as a separate user (i.e.
finger). Most of the famous exploits of finger are due to the fact that it
is often run as root. However, fingerd requires no information that
requires root access to the machine.

		-rishi