Re: /etc/passwd ?

just run "info false" ....
   [...]
   This version of `false' is implemented as a C program, and is thus
more secure and faster than a shell script implementation, and may
safely be used as a dummy shell for the purpose of disabling accounts.

so, a "chsh -s /bin/false games" for disabling a telnet/ssh account for the
games accound is a good idea ;)