Re: sending password in the command line

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 05:16:16PM +0000, Merlin wrote:
> On Thursday 27 December 2001 16:46, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> >
> > Because that doesn't solve the original problem of the password being
> > visible on the command line. The environment and the stdin were two
> > suggested ways of passing the password.
> >

> Why is all that for ?
> Isn't you who's writing the program? Why don't you program just ask the
> password?

No, I'm not. If the password is passed over stdin, the program would
need to ask for the password. I think the whole idea is to have one
program to either enable or disable the access for that ip but only if
the password is given, and then to automate this in a script by coding
the password into the script.

--
Benjamin Smith <bsmith@vtrl.co.uk, benjaminsmith86@yahoo.co.uk>