Re: sending password in the command line

This will not work I believe ps aux will show the environment variable's
value instead of the variable.   Which in your case would be the password,
rendering your idea bad! =/

I would chroot the users' environments (jail them) so that they can only see
their own processes... of course this might not be the solution you are
looking for.

-xbud