From: J. Paul Bruns-Bielkowicz [mailto:jp@america.eu.org]
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2001 12:18 PM
To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
Subject: How do I disable (close) ports?

Hi,
I disabled all but a few ports in /etc/services, but I have
tcp        0      0 pa237.olsztyn.sdi.t:111 80.116.215.37:1064
ESTABLISHED
when I netstat my machine. What exactly does this mean? I just want
25/tcp     open        smtp
37/tcp     open        time
66/tcp     open        sql*net
80/tcp     open        http
110/tcp    open        pop-3
443/tcp    open        https
3306/tcp   open        mysql
open. How can I close ports 111 and 859? They are not enabled in
/etc/services Thanks, J. Paul Bruns-Bielkowicz http://www.america.prv.pl