RE: IPTABLES and WEB

Here is the page I got started at:

(may wrap)
http://people.unix-fu.org/andreasson/iptables-tutorial/iptables-tutorial
.html

But in any event, here's the skinny on it:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -d $HTTP_IP --dport
80 \
-j DNAT --to-destination $DMZ_HTTP_IP

iptables -A FORWARD -p TCP -i $INET_IFACE -o $DMZ_IFACE -d $DMZ_HTTP_IP
\
--dport 80 -j allowed

You'll obviously need to change $INET_IFACE to whatever eth? Is
connected to the internet and $DMZ_IFACE to whatever eth? is connected
to the LAN segment your webserver is on. You'll also need to change the
$HTTP_IP and $DMZ_HTTP_IP to the IP of your webserver.

HTH,

Steven

"exitus acta probat"
"fide, sed cui vide"