Re: Where should I start from ?

--- Wade Richards <wrichard@direct.ca> wrote:
>Hello Mr. Bacteria/John Doe:
>
>Translation: Homework is hard, and plagiarism is so much easier.
>Can someone please do my homework for me?

Wrong translation. First of all I did not ask anybody to do my work for me I just asked if anyone had such an experience and where did they start from. I just need the kickstart the rest is not a problem and do not tell me that you are starting to code the libraries from ground to heaven level if you are going to use them in any program, I do not think it is feasible and industrial for any programmer or student to recode stdio.h when he is going to deal with standard input or output everytime a keystroke occurs. It is the same thing with operating systems or programs, there are libraries ready at the background and you are always able to use them whenever you want. Even MShit has crypt32.dll ( Windows Crypto API ) supporting RSA and RC4 then why to blame me because I just asked for the possibility of such libraries on Linux side ? If it is possible and ready I really would not deal with coding the libraries themselves but instead would focus on the whole application, less bugs and less problems.

>Go to http://www.openssl.org/, download the source to the library,
>and start reading.  But be careful!  You might learn something from
>reading and trying to understand that code instead of actually doing
>the work yourself.

I actually did a lot of coding on hardware level and assembler side of things ( I am an electrical and electronics engineer ) and I am about to throw up if I see a few more lines of code. Actually all these swapping AX(L) low words and AX(H) high words and memory maps for initial permutations (DES) started making me sick after coding thousands of lines just only for I/O. I do not know if you ever did assembler coding but I am sure someone would understand me after 8 hours of continous coding and debugging to find a single bug of a constant lacking an 'x' just in front ( yes it is hexadecimal ) of it. So I am far beyond learning from the code just in front of me dear Richards.
I believe the only mistake was taking into consideration that this group might have an idea , and my e-mail was a bit friendlier than yours.

Sincerely

PS : Thanks a lot for your help. I don't know how familiar you are with cryptographic concepts but I already have the original sheets of SSL from Netscape and SSL is not a bilateral entity authentication, identification protocol you only know that the server at the other side is really the intended recipient but the server knows nothing about you if you are really you or not.