filesystem errors

Hello

I have problems with my computer. I have Windows 98 SE nad Linux Debian
2.2.r4. Windows works ok, but in Linux i encountered strange errors on
filesystem. It's something like: inode #no. has invalid entry offset=4!=0
and then specification of this entry. I've also encountered errors like
directory corrupted, files not attached to inode etc.
I can't find source of this. Fsck -c tells me that everything is ok.
Badblocks command - the same. Does anyone know what could happen and how can
I avoid it in future?

Second question: is it possible to determine type of packet when it doesn't
pass through firewall? I know that there is snort and other tools to do it,
but I've only figured how to determine packets after they are allowed by
kernel.

Jaroslaw Postawa
dorvin@o.k.pl

PS. I'm not sure if it is the right list, but I think that my problem might
be caused by network attacks so I posted it here. I'll do the same on
debian-users in near future.

JP