Re: is iptables slow?

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 05:33:28PM -0200, phadell wrote:
> I am having some problems in relation to speed of traffic of packages when
> using iptables.
>
> The problem is the following:
>
> When there is not any iptables? rules, a inner connection through FTP is less
> than 1 second long to be made.
>
> With the rules that I did, a inner connection delay more than 7 seconds.

inner being what? local? i.e., via the loopback interface? What are you
blocking? Perhaps your client is attempting to reverse resolve the
destination host, but UDP is blocked. Nothing can be said without more
specific details.

> Is that normal or are my rules wrong?

That cannot be determined without knowing the rules.

	Regards, Yotam Rubin