Re: [off-topic?] Chrooting ssh/telnet users?

argh, this sounds like the sort of thing that would've been useful
when i set up rsync on our company backup machine (as opposed to writing
a small shell that chrooted and ran rsync).

it doesn't appear to be in debian unstable; apt-cache shows no third
party module for it, and it's most definitely not included in stock pam.
according to the rpm changelog, redhat added it on 10/02/00, somewhere
 before 0.73 was merged.  the readme in the modules/chroot directory
identifies the source as ftp://ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk/users/weejock/pam_chroot/.

i would love to see it packaged; i put redhat's source tarball at
http://etc.mp3revolution.net/pam-redhat-0.74-22.tar.gz

--
"I think a lot of the basis of the open source movement comes from
  procrastinating students..."