Re: central administration techniques

> > 3. Break into one of the other machines, use the suided script to
>                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I can't answer your questions - I know too little. Just one remark:
> AFAIK, Linux doesn't support suided shell scripts. At least it didn't do
> that a few years ago when I tried to use a suided script. I haven't

  -> use C-code. Does not matter. I can code buffer overflow -proof
routines for this simple stuff. Or just code a suid binary which runs
the script and does nothing else.. An additional security hole there,
though: I basically would have TWO suided programs now though crashing
a program which only runs another should be impossible (unless the init
routines can be crashed).

		| Juha Jäykkä, juolja@utu.fi			|
		| home: http://www.utu.fi/~juolja/		|