Re: TREAT URGENT

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 09:55:39AM +0400, Nugzar Nebieridze wrote:

> Dansuki>> I am prepared to invest 20m pounds sterling in your company if

> Sorry for off-topic, but I'm curious, WHY do people write such
> messages? WHAT do they need? My account information?
>
> Can anybody answer me?

This is a version of the "Nigerian Scam" also known as the "419 Fraud" which
is used to launder and/or steal money through a well meaning business person
found by an unsolicited email or fax. There are lots of details online about
it (http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/ would be a good place to start).

--
Steven Barker                                      scbarker@uiuc.edu
  The universe is like a safe to which there is a combination -- but the