enscript -e option a security risk?

In looking through the print filter generated by magicfilter, I
noticed that it gives the -e option to GNU enscript.  The -e
option turns on special "escapes", including the following as
documented in the enscript manpage:

       epsf    inline  EPS file to the document.  Escape's syntax
               is:

               ^@epsf[options]{filename}

               where options is an optional  sequence  of  option
               characters  and  values enclosed with brackets and
               filename is the name of the EPS file.

               If filename ends to the `|' character, then  file-
               name  is assumed to name a command that prints EPS
               data  to  its  standard  output.   In  this  case,
               enscript opens a pipe to the specified command and
               reads EPS data from pipe.

It seems to me that this is a security risk.  Agreed?  If so,
I'll file a bug against magicfilter asking that this option be
removed from the filters.  This option is present in several
filters, by the way:

pfaffben:/etc/magicfilter# grep -l 'enscript.*-e' *
bj600-filter
bj600_draft-filter
bj610-filter
bj800-filter
bj800_draft-filter
cpsonly300-filter
cpsonly400-filter
cpsonly600-filter
psonly300-filter
psonly400-filter
pfaffben:/etc/magicfilter#

--
"A computer is a state machine.
 Threads are for people who cant [sic] program state machines."