CODA + portmapper == insecure?

I'm interested in doing CODA file system over the internet.  It has
all the features of a networked filesystem that I'm interested in.
The only problem seems to be that it requires the use of the
portmapper.  From my NFS day, I seem to remember that portmapper is
insecure.  Is this true?  Is CODA itself secure?  It seems to use
kerberos for authentication.  Is there some way for it to use ssh port
forwarding instead?
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543