About mutt's scoring system (Was: Re: [Fwd: Re: HARASS ME MORE.........])

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 04:37:11PM +0100, Jon Masters wrote:

> On 01 Sep 2001 16:32:50 +0100, Jon Masters wrote:
>
> Take out the middle rule if you think it's excessive :)

I take it, that that was a filter built in procmail, right? I'm just
about to study procmail and its possibilities, but in the meanwhile,
I'd like to be able to kill messages with mutt's scoring system.
I know, this goes a bit off-topic, but as I haven't subscribed to
debian-user, and I wouldn't want to just because of one question,
I thought I'd ask here.

So here's the related things - my ~/.muttrc has the following line;
score_threshold_delete=-5 (should it be score_threshold_delete="-5"?)

example.muttrc.gz has an entry like this: score '~f aol\.com$' -9999
So, if score_threshold_delete would be modified to "9999", I presume,
that that line would delete all messages coming from @aol.com? Or am
I totally on the wrong tracks? This is one of the scorings, what I have
in my ~/.muttrc:

score '~f ^@ptd\.net$' -10

That is wrong, isn't it? I should take the ^ and @ off of it, or should I?
But as the score_threshold_delete is "-5", the score "-10" should kill the
article (if that score line would be correct, that is), right?
Could some helpful soul, please, lighten up this scoring system of Mutt's
a little bit, because I've read the manual, the sample muttrc's, S-Lang's
documentation about the regexps and such forth, but my scoring system has
always been failing. So, let's say, that I would never like to see any
postings from foo.bar@foobar.fi - what should I do? And how can those be
shortened, actually? If I'd like to kill everything from @foobar.fi, what
then? I'll throw my own "educated guesses" here, as well (if they're
terribly wrong, I'm not surprised...):

score '~f foo\.bar@foobar\.fi$' -10
score '~f ^@foobar\.fi$' -10

And I apologize once more, for posting this somewhat off-topic message
here - please try to bear me. I'm still thinking of subscribing to
debian-user, but I already have so goddamn many mailing lists where I've
been subscribed to, not to even mention newsgroups - I just don't have
time to read my current subscribings, not to speak of a new one, and even
very trafficed one, as well. But yes, sorry for the inconvenience.

--
Jussi Ekholm,		 "Everything is so fine it could be
the ill flower         	  don't let your mind take you in misery