Re[2]: Wierd file name?

Yes, it is valid file name.

In any case it exists in FreeBSD too.
this file is useful for shell programming.

when you program in shell like

if [ $something != $something_other ]

then some shells execute "[" as a program that checks this epression.

Hope it helps.

Saturday, June 30, 2001, 17:18:56, hpknight wrote:

h> -rwxr-xr-x    2 root     root        20092 Jun  2 17:05 /usr/bin/test

h> looks like someone might have copied/renamed it on accident in a shell
h> script.

h> -hpknight