AW: ProFtpd question

Hey,

this is what Proftpd-Docs say.

requirevalidshell is by default set to on. So proftpd will not allow logins
from users whose shell is /bin/false, since this one is not listet in
/etc/shells to be a valid shell.

Syntax: RequireValidShell on|off
Default: on
Context: server config, <VirtualHost>, <Anonymous>, <Global>
Module: mod_core
Compatibility: 0.99.0 and later

The RequireValidShell directive configures the server, virtual host or
anonymous login to allow or deny logins which do not have a shell binary
listed in /etc/shells. By default, proftpd disallows logins if the user's
default shell is not listed in /etc/shells. If /etc/shells cannot be found,
all default shells are assumed to be valid.

For allowing who is allowed to access which host, I believe this can not be
done as you would run proftpd normally. Maybe you go and have a look into
the proftpd-mysql plugins around.

greetz...

Michael

--
Linux is like wigwam - no windows, no gates, Apache inside!