Re: Allow FTP in, but not shell login

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 10:51:00AM -0600, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:
> I'm happy to be the host, but I want these people to be able to FTP in ONLY,
> without interactive access.  I want to do this specifically for a set of
> users, not for all users on the machine.
Use proftpd. It supports anonymous users and users that have /bin/false as
shell in the /etc/passwd which makes logins via ssh/telnet impossible.

(Other ftp daemons might do this, too. Also you can restrct ssh/telnet via
/etc/hosts.deny, /etc/hosts.allow)

HTH,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879