Re: Secure 2.4.x kernel

I don't know this for certain, but I've got a feeling that it's this kind
of thing that would be very easy to implement in the Hurd - the microkernel
would make it very easy to start adding daemons that provide a layer between
requests for exec, forks etc and actually granting them.

Otoh, the hurd may not suffer from these problems at all, or in the same way
- I haven't worked with the hurd for long enough to know much more than that
it *seems* to revolve around some truely excellant ideas which some people
don't like!

In any case it would probably require writing a daemon and re-writing the
hurd call library to take advantage of it, though no re-writing of the user
space daemons would be necessary afaict.

Matthew