Re: Secure 2.4.x kernel

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 08:52:56 -0600, Jor-el wrote:
> One of the puzzling things mentioned on that site (as well as the Openwall
> site that it linked to) was 'trampolines'. Any idea what these are?

I guess it's the same trampolines mentioned in gcc's documentation:

:   GCC implements taking the address of a nested function using a
:technique called "trampolines".   A paper describing them is available
:as `http://people.debian.org/~karlheg/Usenix88-lexic.pdf'.

HTH,
Ray
--
"a infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never make a good
program"