Re: Exim mail

Daniel Rychlik wrote:

> How do I stop this from happening.  Apparently my bud telented to port 25
> and somehow sent mail from my root account.  Any suggestions, white papers
> or links?  Id would like to block the telnet application all together, but I
> dont think thats possible.

He didn't use your root account, he used the nature of SMTP to trick
you.  http://rfc821.x42.com/  And no, you can't block telnet, unless
you choose to not run a mail server at all.

--
Jamie Heilman                   http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing