Re: How do I disable (close) ports?

    J> Understanding is gained, among others through experience, and
    J> this is quite an experience judging by quantity of replies

Handy tip:

  man services

Read it, I'd guess you'll be enlightened.

(It's always advisable to look into the exact function of a config
file before twiddling with it... granted not every config file has an
associated man page.  But the worst "man somefile" can give you
is... "undocumented(7)" ;-)

Bye, J

PS: Weird, BTW, seeing the "Reformatting mozilla(1), please wait..."
when doing "man undocumented" :-)

--
      Jürgen A. Erhard  (juergen.erhard@gmx.net, jae@users.sf.net)
                     MARS  http://mars.jerhard.org