Netscape running as root

Hi,

	Why is running Netscape as root considered to be a security
problem? I just tried installing vmware on my system and it needs root to
install, and it searched for Netscape. The installer, fortunately, was an
intelligent one and proceeded with the install after I cancelled its
search for Netscape (it said the install help wouldnt be available without
Netscape).

	If it is something really stupid to run Netscape as root, I'd like
to point out to VMWare that their requirement to have Netscape for the
install is bad.

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment on this matter,
Jor-el