Re: finding hidden processes

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 06:14:55PM +0100, Tarjei Huse wrote:
> Hi If I run chkproc from the chkrootid package I get:
> You have     3 process hidden for readdir command
> You have     3 process hidden for ps command
>
> How can I find these processes?
> Tarjei

Try running chkproc -v and cat /proc/(pid)/cmdline for each pid that chkproc
gave.

AFAIR chkproc reads the output of ps(1) and compares it to the directories in
/proc. Maybe some processes simply stopped/started between running the ps
command and reading the /proc directory? Does chkproc find those processes every
time it's run?

--
Johan Kiviniemi  ion at hassers.org  http://ion.amigafin.org/