Re: home directory permission

How are you creating a new user directory? are you mkdir'ing directly or
using a program like useradd? If you are mkdir'ing, change your umask (be
aware, this changes the umask of ALL of your newly created files. If
you are using useradd, look into the -D option. If you are using some
other method, look into the manpages on that method and see how to change
the defaults. If you explain how you are creating user accounts, I'm sure
someone on the list can tell you how to change the defauls. Also, you
could write a small shell script to create the user home directory given
the username and group.

		-rishi