Re: Which ssh should I have?

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 11:26:49AM +0100, Ville Uski wrote:

> Is there any harm from installing ssh from woody on potato? This does
> not apply in my case, but I'd like to know.

No harm beyond getting it built right (no binary installs from
woody/sid into potato), and realizing that security.debian.org won't
automagically post fixes for that package.

Something like:

apt-get source ssh
cd (opensshdir)
grep Build-Depends: debian/control
(install those packages, possibly edit the Depends: line of
debian/control if they've entered something that simply doesn't exist
in potato)
dpkg-buildpackage
cd .. ; dpkg -i ssh*deb

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu