Re: Questions regarding the Security Secretary Position

On 22 Oct 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

>John Galt <galt@inconnu.isu.edu> writes:

>> >How is it a barrier?
>>
>> It's an extra qualification.  It's one that until you objected, didn't
>> exist.  My point still stands: if you want to add qualifications, add them
>> by "raising the bar" and volunteering yourself.
>
>I think it's an entirely appropriate qualification.  But it's no
>barrier: it simply requires that we know who the person is and that
>they share our commitments.  I think those are reasonable things to
>expect.

They aren't reasonable things to add at the last minute.  The search
happened, AFAICT there is a candidate, yet you had to object now.  If it
was so reasonable, why didn't you mention it when it came up?
Reasonableness cannot be applied to concepts that are brought up at the
last minute: the very fact that they were shoved in at the last minute
makes them unreasonable.  Now do as I asked and shut up.

--
Be Careful! I have a black belt in sna-fu!

Who is John Galt?  galt@inconnu.isu.edu