Re: central administration techniques

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 05:54:28PM +0300, Juha J?ykk? wrote:
>   I was wondering if there are any secure methods of centrally
> managing the versions of certain files on Debian machines.

 The problem you describe (in the part of your email that I deleted) seems
to be not wanting to give access to modify anything without a password ->
impossible to automate syncing config files.

 If you have read access, or even have a cron job on each machine that mails
or otherwise submits md5 hashes of your config files, you could determine
when a re-sync needs to be done, then manually run a shell script that runs
rsync over ssh to bring things up to date.  You would have to put in the
necessary passwords for that to happen, but you only need to run it once a
need for resyncing is detected.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y