Re: ssh vulernability

I run Debian; and I applied the OpenSSH patch myself as soon as it was posted.
Does anybody know of the advantages of waiting for a new .deb file to get
circulated are? The patch was a change to two lines of code; so I just made
the changes and rebuilt OpenSSH. That's how I do all of my non-kernel patches;
seems a bit odd to wait around for the distribution's official
patch-maker-squad to churn out a new .DEB file.

Garrett