Re: central administration techniques

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 at 17:54:28 +0300, Juha Jäykkä wrote:

[...]
> case, which is the safest option? Currently I am considering
> configuring sudo to enable the admin user to execute a single script
> (mods 0700) without a password or just chmod that script 4700. I am not
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^
> certain about the first, but the latter would be as secure as my
> connection (ssh2) and my real password. The real password being broken
[...]
> 3. Break into one of the other machines, use the suided script to

I can't answer your questions - I know too little. Just one remark:
AFAIK, Linux doesn't support suided shell scripts. At least it didn't do
that a few years ago when I tried to use a suided script. I haven't
checked that since then.

Hope it helps
--
 Tomasz Papszun   SysAdm @ TP S.A. Lodz, Poland  | And it's only