setuid changes

I was thinking it would be nice to see what sort of new setuid
programs show up on my box each day... then I noticed that these are
already being logged in /var/log/setuid.today and
/var/log/setuid.yesterday. What makes these? It appears they come from
/etc/cron.daily/standard which runs /usr/sbin/checksecurity.

But, what is the point of logging these each day into
/var/log/setuid.changes if nobody sees them? Why doesn't this list get
emailed to root? Am I missing something?

Micah